The earliest Pippi products were issued in 1959 and since then many popular toys, dolls, games, and clothes etc. have been produced. The starting point has always been for them to have a natural link with the books and the illustrations.
We are seeing a constantly increasing interest in developing products for new markets and we welcome all kinds of collaborations. To preserve the uniqueness of Astrid’s work we are diligent when choosing our partners, suppliers, and distributors in order to develop the best possible products.
Our products need to be of good quality, price point, and design, in line with Astrid Lindgren’s work. It is important to us that the production is done in a sustainable way, both socially and environmentally. The products should primarily be for children, encourage play and correspond with the stories and the characters. We license many categories of products, including clothes, costumes, games, toys, and homewares.
If you’re wondering what goods are already available or if you are interested in working with a license you are welcome to contact us. Our licensing department has great experience in what it takes to successfully develop Astrid Lindgren-related products and we are happy to share our knowledge.
Many people have ideas about products that they want to make and we receive a huge number of requests about licenses. That is why we would like to briefly describe here how we work with these issues.
1. To start with we only need a short presentation of your idea and your company. If The Astrid Lindgren Company believes your idea is interesting and worthwhile then a more in-depth dialogue will ensue.
2. We would then like to see your market research and business plan. What do you want to do and when, in which markets, through which distribution and sales channels, who are your target groups and how would the production work?
3. If both parties agree to proceed then The Astrid Lindgren Company or our agent will draw up a licensing contract proposal. Very briefly it contains conditions on a) approval process, b) production, c) royalty and advance payments, and d) contract period and territory.
4. After this the product development, launch, and follow-up take place. The Astrid Lindgren Company is present for and approves every step of the product development, from idea to sketch to prototype and finally the finished product.
5. Ahead of the launch we work together on marketing and sales strategies, which are continuously followed-up on throughout the license period.
In the Nordic countries we work directly with our licensees, but outside the Nordic countries we mostly work indirectly through one of our licensing agents. Our agents are:
Germany, Austria and Switzerland - CPLG www.cplg.com
Spain, Portugal - Mendia Licensing www.mendiasl.com
Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg - Rubinstein www.rubinstein.nl
South Korea - SMC www.smckorea.com
Japan - Copyrights Asia www.copyrights.co.jp
Here you can find a selection of our license partners
+46 703 15 15 91
tobias.mannheimer (a) astridlindgren.se
+46 736 90 00 06
jessica.eriksson (a) astridlindgren.se
+46 739 27 83 53
madelein.lindblad (a) astridlindgren.se
+46 73 332 88 30
sofia.jackson (a) astridlindgren.se